- Category: Common HEAT PUMP Heating Issues
- Published: 21 November 2013
THERMOSTAT BLANK or THERMOSTAT DOESN’T WORK– The display on a digital thermostat shows no information or the thermostat does not function properly.
POSSIBLE PROBLEM & DESCRIPTION
- Most digital thermostats require batteries. Try replacing the thermostat batteries and see if the display returns. Watch Video.
No Air Handler Power
- Some digital thermostats will lose the display if there is no power from the furnace or air handler. Check power sources. If there is still no display, you should have a qualified technician diagnose.
- No display may just be caused by a bad thermostat. If there are good batteries and the thermostat is receiving power from the furnace or air handler, but there is still no display – it is likely a bad thermostat.